I have to be honest with you. One of the reasons it was so hard for me to switch to a vegan lifestyle is breakfast foods. I mean right?!!! Breakfast can be a very challanging meal for someone who is new to plant-based foods. I mean sure…. we have smoothies, oatmeal, toast etc., but lets be real. YA GIRL NEEDS MORE THAN THREE OPTIONS TO START THE DAY OFF RIGHT.
One morning, after shamefully eating spaghetti at 7 a.m. because I was fed up with my limited options of “breakfast foods,” I thought to myself …. What did I like to eat for breakfast before I became vegan??? and BAM! Vegan BLT’s – or TLT’s (as I like to call them) became one of my breakfast staples.
Now before you jump right into breakfast, I want to add some additional details for you. I have attached websites to the steak seasoning and the vegan mayonnaise as I know that not everyone just has this lying around their kitchen (like I do) or even their closest supermarket. The sites tell you how you can make both of these ingredients so you can enjoy TLT’s as much as I do!
- 1 Block Super Firm Tofu (680 g)
- 4 Whole Wheat English Muffins
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons Vegan Margarine (vegetable oil can substitute)
- 3 to 4 Lettuce Leaves
- 1 Medium Tomato
- Steak Seasoning to taste
- Vegan Mayonnaise to taste
- Slice tofu into 4 even blocks. Once divided cut each block into four thin slices.
- Add margarine to a large pan and heat medium – high
- Once margarine is melted, place tofu into the pan and turn heat up to high.
- Season tofu with steak seasoning once it’s frying in the pan.
- After 2-3 minutes flip tofu and fry for another 2-3 minutes or until your desired texture.
- As tofu is frying, place the English muffins into the toaster
- Once tofu is your desired texture remove from pan and set aside.
- Take English muffins out of the toaster. Add vegan mayonnaise, lettuce and tomato.
There you have it a TLT (Tofu, Lettuce, Tomato)
Let me know what you think in the comments or follow me on Instagram to see more recipes just like this!
Peace & Love